Frequently Asked Questions
Who can benefit from nasal washing?
Anyone who wishes to maintain a clean & healthy nose!
What is the difference between isotonic and hypertonic?
Isotonic (milder) solution means the salt concentration is similar to the human body. Hypertonic solution is saltier than the body – similar to ocean water. Saltier solutions are most effective.
What are the ingredients?
Sodium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate – that’s it!
What are the benefits of washing with buffered saline solution?
– Nasal Congestion – Sinus Pressure – Nasal Dryness – Post Nasal Drip – Runny Nose – Sneezing – Coughing
– Naturally promotes nasal & sinus drainage.
– May reduce swelling of nasal membranes.
– May remove infectious particles, allergens, and pollutants.
Why is buffered salt so important?
Nasopure’s unique salt mix creates a buffered saline solution with a higher salt concentration that is effective in helping to thin mucus and decrease swelling of tissues, yet reduces or eliminates any burning sensation. In addition, buffering has been shown to augment the healing of raw, irritated tissue. Nasopure Buffered Salt ~ the magic is in the mix!
How often should I replace my bottle?
We recommend replacing your Nasopure bottle every 3-6 months.
Is there an expiration date?
We recommend discarding Nasopure buffered salt packets after 5 years. Saline solution (salt mix in water) should be discarded after each use.
When can my child start using Nasopure?
Nasopure is safe for ages 2 years and above. Always teach a child to wash their own nose; do not wash for a child. Please consult your physician first when teaching a young child to wash.
How much solution should be used for each washing?
Typical use is 1/4 – 1/2 bottle in each nostril – find what works for you in terms of comfort and effectiveness.
How do I make sure the solution does not run down the back of my throat?
This is a common question and there’s an easy fix! Simply holding your breath will assure the solution does not run down the back of your throat. Please refer to our instructions for use as well. Making a “K” sound will naturally put the tongue at the back of your throat, but this is a slightly harder technique.
Is it harmful if some of the solution is swallowed?
Nasopure is not intended for ingestion, but is all natural and not harmful if swallowed.
Where can I purchase more Nasopure for my family and friends?
Nasopure can be purchased from our shop or at amazon.com
What type of water is best for use?
– Boil: Use water that has been previously boiled for 1 minute and left to cool. At elevations above 6,500 feet, boil for 3 minutes, then cool.
– Filter: Use a filter designed to remove some water-loving germs. The label may read “NSF 53” or “NSF 58”. Filter labels that read “absolute pore size of 1 micron or smaller” are also effective.
– Buy: Use water with a label specifying that it contains distilled or sterile water.
Are there studies available that back up these benefits?
Dozens of high quality studies support the effectiveness and benefits of nasal washing! Please click on the Facts & Benefits tab on our website and chose “Studies and References” to learn more.